The Average Python Developer Salary
The job market offers an extensive list of opportunities for Python developers.
Therefore, it is quite explainable that many young professionals consider learning
this programming language to get a foot in the door of the industry.
Let us have a look at what factors affect the salary level of Python developers.
First, the range of Python developer salary varies greatly. It can deviate from five- to
six-digit numbers in US dollars largely depending on your skills, position and the size
of a company. The factors that also affect the salary range of a Python developer
comprise the city (country) that you work in, your experience level and your ability
to demonstrate your skills.
If you consider Python for your future career and want to land yourself with a job,
you need to consider your local market, find out what positions and companies are
out there and what position and company may be a good fit for you based on your
experience and your career goals.
The United States of America offers the largest job opportunities for Python
developers. Compared to 2020, the salary for this type of professionals grew up by
15%. Based on the level of expertise, the salary range goes as follows:
– Junior level Python developers $85,999 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $100,975 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $112,985 per year.
Ten top cities in the US specifically gear towards technology and focus on software
development. The salary level for experienced developers in these cities can go as
high as up $140,000. These are Dallas (Texas), Austin (Texas), Atlanta (Georgia),
Colorado Springs (Colorado), Denver (Colorado), Boston (Massachusetts), Seattle
(Washington), New York (New York), San Jose (California), San Francisco (California).
Currently, Python developer salary in the US exceed the level of salary for other
Python is also a very sought-after language in Western Europe. The average salary
for this type of developer ranges in the following way:
The United Kingdom:
– Junior level Python developers $39,072 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $78,144 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $117,217 per year.
– Junior level Python developers $53,660 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $69,553 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $95,370 per year.
– Junior level Python developers $43,866 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $55,525 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $68,458 per year.
– Junior level Python developers $32,386 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $53,977 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $75,568 per year.
– Junior level Python developers $30,625 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $44,079 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $61,214 per year.
– Junior level Python developers $80,419 per year;
– Middle level Python developers $174,292 per year;
– Senior level Python developers $278,256 per year.
Similar to the USA, the popularity of Python in Europe raised in the past years. This
trend will continue to grow along with the salaries.
Here is a quick overview of how things stand with Python developer salaries in other
India $19,224 per year;
Ukraine $27,600 per year;
Poland $36,468 per year;
China $43,620 per year;
Brazil $23,124 per year;
Thailand $39,276 per year;
Philippines $23,172 per year.
Location most certainly makes an impact on the salary level. However, apart from
geographical position, your experience level and your technical skills, there are
other things that can affect your salary as a Python developer:
– Knowledge of other programming languages/frameworks
– Soft skills (interpersonal skills)
– Analytical mindset and logical thinking.
As you can see, there is a quite significant salary gap for entry-level and senior
developers. If you decide to choose Python as your area of expertise, there is a huge
room for development and growth.
At Magnise, we are proud to have a team of professionals who specialise in Python.
We have successfully developed a range of projects of various scales and know
exactly how to implement your ideas into something very special. Contact us to find
out how we can help you put your ideas into a truly unique product.